Help Desk Technician
Help Desk Technician
We are looking to fill a new opening in our expanding IT Department. This is a full-time, entry level position calling for individual starting out as a Help Desk Technician. This person will be responsible for completing equipment installations and teardowns, as well as providing first level of technical support for preexisting hardware: computers and laptops, printers and other PC peripherals, networking hardware, enterprise applications and IP-based production equipment in a fast-paced environment.
Role Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Provide over the phone and in person support to end users using hardware and software including (but not limited to): desktop and laptop computers, printers, thermal printers, handheld scanners, office peripherals, networking hardware, IP-based phones, generally available as well as proprietary office and production applications and equipment.
· Log and manage IT Requests through a proprietary system as well as follow up with team members, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution with minimal supervision.
· Research solutions or escalate unresolved IT Requests to the next level of support when necessary. Make sure that no tasks are abandoned.
· Perform scheduled installations, configurations and maintenance of computer equipment and various peripherals, operating systems and applications.
· Actively participate in system implementations, including (but not limited to): seasonal equipment setups/tear-downs, low-voltage (WAN/LAN network, A/V, etc.) cabling in office and production settings, migrations, and rollouts of new technologies with emphasis on all hands-on projects involving physical network infrastructure.
· Work with other team members to ensure highest security and uptime of the network.
· Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records. Participate in seasonal inventory checks. Keep track of supplies.
· Interest in keeping up-to-date with current IT developments.
· Perform other duties as required.
Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science (or similar), or equivalent work experience in a Microsoft/MAC environment.
· Proven ability to provide technical support to end users in courteous way.
· Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Mechanical aptitude helpful while working with production equipment.
· Working knowledge of networking fundamentals and MS Windows-based environments.
· Working knowledge of modern computer technologies.
· Experience with deploying data cabling in accurate, timely and neat manner.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects to conclusion.
· Ability to work well as part of a team while also functioning as a self-directed individual.
· Ability to work flexible/extended hours as needed with prior notice.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and positive attitude.
Click here to apply for this job
« Back to Current Openings